At last, I finished my Sew Dolly Clackett dress. Its By Hand Londons Anna dress made in a cotton butterfly print I picked up last summer in Utrecht fabric market.
Would you believe that it was a bright day when I took these shots – still looks dull!!
I made this dress before christmas for my 40th Birthday in a turquoise crepe from Minerva crafts so I had figured out all my fitting issues which are a small fba and a wide back adjustment. I’ve discovered these are my two main issues when making fitted wovens and is probably why previously when I made tops and dresses with sleeves I couldn’t raise my arms. The more you live the more you learn!I also lowered the front neckline a bit as I found it high but I think that is another of my fit issues. I lined the bodice with some silk/cotton I got on ebay a while back, so no facings.
More pictures so you can see the details:
and butterflies because!! Just looking at the photos I’ve realised that the butterflies are in all my favorite colours – purples, dark pinks, blues, turquoises etc. I don’t normally wear black (pale & pasty) but I don’t think its too overpowering with this print.
I decided to use this fabric as it was in my stash and I really wanted to make a dress from it and this was the perfect motivation to just do it. Its probably going to hang in my wardrobe with the rest of my woven dresses but the first sunny summerish day we get I will wear it. If I had to go and buy fabric specially for this occasion I think I would still be looking and the dress would never get made.
Now must go and add this to the flickr group and check out all the other creations.